Saturday 14 April 2012

Collecting tools ( Accessories )

Some small RF tools.

homebrewed 50Ohm terminator for my scope, a Bill Carver LC meter and Crystal controlled signal generator (currently with 4.0Mhz, 11.0Mhz and 18.0Mhz crystal installed.


I ran into a bit of a budget problem and decided not to follow Bill Carvers' advice of not using a plastic case for the LC meter.  The only case I had on hand was a black plastic enclosure 6x3x2inches. It really is unstable, but with careful calibration before using I can still achieve around 2 to 3% accuracy when comparing it with a Lab LCR meter. I am hoping to improve it a bit further and reduce the calibration cycle, by potting the tank circuit with wax.

The LC meter and crystal signal generator are power by batteries reducing wire clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment